Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Peaches

Jim and I, and Jim's friend Kenny made our annual pilgrimage to Acushnet

to get some of the best peaches in this area.


After driving for about an hour through beautiful New England countryside we arrived at Ashley's Peach Orchard.

We parked in front of what I believe were nectarine trees.

But we came here for peaches.

Here are some of the peach trees.
Farm workers brought baskets of freshly picked peaches
directly to this little farm stand.



The peaches are sorted by hand into two groups'

the best are called firsts,

the ones with blemishes are called seconds.

I purchaseds a basket of firsts

pictured at the top of this blog.


They also had freshly made peach cobblers

and blueberry cobblers.

I bought the peach cobbler.


they also had freshly picked vegetables

grown in this garden.

They also were selling these flowers from their garden.

After the tiring wait in line to buy peaches

we were hungry.

We ate at Persey's Place

home of New England's largest

breakfast and lunch menu.


I had a Portugese Scrambler,

a large plate of eggs scrambled

with cheddar cheese and chourico sausage,

served with small pot of baked beans

and grilled cornbread.

When I got home I opened the cobbler

to discover it was more like cake,


but Delicious!





I did share it with Mary and Ed at dinner tonite,

and they loved it.







No comments: