Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hike and Picnic on Deer Island

A beautiful New England day, blue skies, temperature in the 70s, a strong offshore breeze.

Mother Nature has her own garden out here.

 
The path is wide and level but starting a slight incline.
 









 We used to call these burdocks when I lived in Maine.  They would stick together and we would make garlands, necklaces, and bracelets.
 




 
Oh, oh, am I going to make it all the way up?


 
Yep, one slow step at a time.
 
Looking back down.

 
Winthrop
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Looking towards Portugal.

 
A grassy path down.

 
 



 
My picnic lunch consisting of chicken salad sandwich, Lime Rickey soda,, a Whoopie Pie, and the Winthrop Transcript.



 
 
A young man walked by and said, "Wow, you have got style.
 
He turned and came back and said, "This the absolute best thing you could do for yourself."
 
Little did he know.
 
 
 
Boston
 
 

 
The breeze off the water was cold so I was glad I brought along a warm jacket.
 
 
I may be closing in on 78,  have a "broken heart", an overactive thyroid, and  prostate cancer but
I am damned if I will let it stop me!

1 comment:

moiraandrews said...

Nothing could ever stop your wonderful spirit Vernon....lovely photo essay Wnthrop never looked so good!