Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A cozy supper on a cold winter night

First I check the kitchen computer for a sweet and sour pork stir fry recipe.
How do you like the view from my kitchen.
I do some food prep, sweet red peppers, white scallion parts, pineapple, green scallion parts, brocoli florets, and a cooking sauce made of pineapple juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, corn starch, salt and pepper, and water.

I set a cozy table of bright colors and put out some balsamic vinegar from Italy, and a bottle of extra virgin olive oil from Catelonia, Spain.



I build a nice fire for ambience.



Surprise, its a video. I put on my disc of Spanish guitar music by Antonio De Lucena which was sent to me by friend Miguel in Spain. Ed remarked that Miguel should be here for this meal.





Back to the kitchen. I brown thin slices of pork in olive oil.






I cook red peppers and the white parts of the scallions.





I return the pork to the skillet, add the brocoli, pineapple, and cooking sauce. When they are cooked I stir in the green parts of the scallions and the dish is ready.









I cook some basmati rice.






Supper is ready and Ed and Mary prepare to eat. Note the nice loaf of bread, the glasses of red wine and a salad I made of escarole, raw apples, and toasted pecans, tossed with a homemade vinegraitte dressing.









The chef is served by Mary









For dessert we had pound cake with espresso ice cream of which I did not take a photo.









No comments: