Monday, September 13, 2010

Can it be? 75 Years!

Mary made two different quiches and apple German pancake

for breakfast.



The family presented me with a gift.




Do you know how long I have wanted a

KitchenAid Mixer!



Mary, Jenn, and Amanda

Amanda insisted that it be red.






I am so happy I could almost smile.








In the afternoon Mary, Ed, and I visited his nephew's antique store in

Rowley, Massachusetts.

Three floors crammed full of merchandise.

They had my ruby red tumblers (I am down to my last three) but they were priced at $22 each.

Mary bought an onyx and cameo ring similar to one her Mother had.





We drove on to Portsmouth, New Hampshire

to dine at

The Library Restaurant


The restaurant is located in this beautiful building which was built in 1785 as a private residence and was opened to the public in 1833 as the Rockingham Hotel.

It has been converted to condominiums.





The entance is very grand.



































The interior is elegant and gorgeous. The theme is that of a library

as evidenced with the many bookcases filled with books.

Brass sculptures of farm animals are scattered throughout the main dining room.

















The paneling is hand-carved Spanish mahogany.

The lighting fixtures are all original made by

Shreve, Crump and Low of Boston.

The mirrors were imported from France and are lined with silver.



















































































It being a Sunday evening, there weren't many customers

and the noise level was very low which made it conducive to quiet conversation.



Ed and I each had a bowl of Portugese fisherman stew.
I had a small filet mignon
with madera-gorgonzola sauce.
Mary had a bone in ribeye
with madera-gorgonzola sauce.
Ed had NY Sirloin au poivre
with cognac peppercorn sauce.
All three steaks were perfectly cooked
and delicious!
We shared a family style serving of very good
scalloped potato.
I had creme brulee.
I enjoyed a wonderful birthday
and am very grateful.














No comments: